1. Our Commitment to Privacy
2. What is Personal Data
- relating directly or indirectly to a living individual;
- from which it is practicable for the identity of the individual to be directly or indirectly ascertained; and
- in a form in which access to or processing of the data is practicable.
By way of example, this may include, but is not limited to your name, employer, job title, telephone number, fax number, address and email address.
3. Collection of Personal Data
When you visit our web site, we will record your visit only and will not collect any personal data from you unless otherwise stated. Cookies used (if any) in any part of our web site will not be deployed for collecting personal data. For your information, Cookies are small pieces of data that can be stored in users' hardwares for the purposes of obtaining configuration information and analysing users' viewing habits. They are commonly used to track your preferences in relation to the subject matter of the web site and make your online experience easier and more personalized. However, if you would like to disable or block Cookies from our website you can do so via your browser settings.
When you contact us, we may collect personal data from you. Refusal to provide such information may render us unable to handle the application or request you are making, or may otherwise defeat the objectives of your visit.
All personal data you provide to us is secured on our web site with restricted access by authorized personnel only. We utilize specific software for data transmission so as to protect your data by encrypting it in a format that ensures its privacy is secured from unauthorized access or disclosure, accidental loss, alteration or destruction. In addition, we adopt contractual or other means to prevent any personal data transferred to our data processor (i) from being kept longer than is necessary for processing of the data; and (ii) from unauthorized or accidental access, processing, erasure, loss or use.
5. Use of Personal Data Collected
By providing your personal data to us, upon your consent we may use and retain such data for the following purposes and for other purposes as shall be agreed between you and us or required by law from time to time (the “Purposes”):
- providing our services and processing your enquiries and feedback;
- processing of any benefits arising out of or in connection with the services;
- operation and service surveys;
- providing contacts and business details in response to enquiries and complaints;
- incorporating into our user disclosure;
- enabling us to comply with our obligations to interconnect or other industry practices; and
- other related purposes.
If you no longer wish us to use your personal data for the above intended use, you may at any time inform us by sending your request in writing to the Corporate Communications Enquiries at the addresses provided below.
6. Retention/Accuracy of the Information
We retain records of your dealings with us for the Purposes. Our general policy is to retain your personal data no longer than is necessary for the fulfilment of the Purposes.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy of your personal data held by us. If we note that the personal data is inaccurate, we will not use such data and will notify any third party to which your personal data has been transferred regarding the same.
7. Sharing and Disclosure of Information
Upon you consent, the Company may transfer or transfer (whether in Hong Kong or abroad, as applicable) your personal data to:
- any agent, contractor or other third party service provider who provides telecommunications, collection, credit reference, security, credit, banking, financial, or other professional services, to the Company;
- any company amongst the Company, its subsidiaries in Hong Kong or abroad (the “TTI Group”), as well as TTI Group’s local distributors in Hong Kong;
- any of our actual or proposed assignees or transferees of our rights (whether in Hong Kong or abroad); and/or
- any person or entity to whom the Company is under an obligation to make disclosure under the requirements of any laws, rules, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines issued by any regulatory or other authorities, for any or all of the Purposes.
8. Use of Personal Data for Direct Marketing
When we collect your personal data, we will also ask your written consent to:-
- use your personal data for direct marketing of power tools, outdoor and floor care and Appliances goods and/or services provided by us, our agents or our subsidiaries, in relation to the services and marketing of powertools, outdoor and floor care goods and/or service offered by any company within TTI Group; and
- transfer your personal data to (i) any agent, contractor or other third party service provider who provides telecommunications, collection, credit reference, security, credit, banking, financial, or other professional services, to the Company; (ii) any company within TTI Group; (iii) any of our actual or proposed assignees or transferees of our rights (whether in Hong Kong or abroad); and/or (iv) any person or entity to whom the Company is under an obligation to make disclosure under the requirements of any laws, rules, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines issued by any regulatory or other authorities, for direct marketing purpose stated in (a) above.
We may not so use or provide your personal data to another party unless we have received your written consent. If you no longer wish us to use and/or provide your personal data for the above direct marketing purposes, or if you wish to give selective consent to the kinds of personal data, the classes of marketing subjects and the classes of data transferees, you may at any time inform us by sending your request in writing to the Corporate Communications Enquiries at the addresses provided below.
9. Access to and Correction of Information
Under the Ordinance, you have the right to:
- check whether we hold any of your personal data;
- access your personal data held by us;
- require us to correct any personal data which is inaccurate; and
- ascertain our policies and practices (from time to time) in relation to personal data and the types of personal data held by us.
We may charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any personal data access request. All requests for access to or correction of personal data or information regarding policies and practices and types of personal data held should be in writing and addressed to our Legal Counsel to the addresses provided below.
10. Your Consent
11. Contact Address at TTI
Corporate Communications Enquiries / Legal Counsel
Techtronic Industries Co. Ltd.
24/F, CDW Building, 388 Castle Peak Road
Tsuen Wan, New Territories, Hong Kong
Copyright © 2015, TTI All rights reserved.